LegalSifter supports Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for all organizations and users. MFA is a security system that requires more than one method of authentication from independent categories of credentials to verify the user's identity for a login or other transaction. For LegalSifter, the two categories are knowledge of your password and possession of your cell phone.
Each Organization in LegalSifter can opt in or out of MFA. The settings
to do so is on the Admin page (app.legalsifter.com/admin), which is available to all users with role “Client Admin.”
Enroll Your Organization in MFA
- On the Admin page, select Edit in the Organization Setting box (if you cannot see the Admin tab, you are not assigned the Client Admin role and do not have access to enable MFA for your organization)
- Select Yes for Enable Multi-Factor Authentication and press Save.
- Inform Users that MFA is now enabled: When an Organization has MFA enabled, it is then required for all users. Once the Client Admin enrolls the Organization, you may want to share the link to MFA User Training (https://help.legalsifter.com/articles/3082478-mfa-user-guide) with your users so they know what to expect.
- By default, the MFA interval is 30 days. That means a cookie is storied on the user's computer for 30 days; when it expires the user is prompted again for the code.
- If you would like your Organization to have a different MFA interval, please email email@example.com. You can select any number of days (including zero, which would result in users entering the MFA code every time they log in).
Viewing and Editing User-level MFA data in Admin
- The users table in Admin displays the Enrollment Status for each user.
- ○n In the details screen of a User, you can see the last 4 digits of their registered phone number. That can help with troubleshooting if Users are experiencing issues.
- As an Admin, you can Unenroll Users. This functionality can be used when a User wants to change their phone number. Unenrolled users will be have to re-register a phone number on their next login.